- Lecturer for the course Sistemi di Elaborazione Multimediali (Multimedia Systems) at School of Computer Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia. Delivered to undergraduate students, 3rd year, since 2013/14 (3 CFU).
- Lecturer for the course Lab. Disegno Industriale III (MultiMedia and Web Design lab.) at School of Industrial Design, Faculty of Architecture, University of Florence. Delivered to undergraduate students, 3rd year, 2010/11 (3 CFU).
- Teaching assistant for the course Database Multimediali(Multimedia Databases), Prof. Alberto Del Bimbo, at School of Computer Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University of Florence. Delivered to graduate students, 2nd year, since 2007/08 to 2012/13.
For students interested in thesis or DBMM projects on semantic web, multimedia retrieval and analysis send me an e-mail so we can discuss the possibilities. Some interesting examples of completed Thesis or DBMM projects:
- Silvio Giannini, Federico Santanni, "Airplane event detection and recognition using ontologies" (DBMM project) [pdf].
- Alessio Bazzica, "Semantic annotation of audio elements in sports videos" (B.Sc. Thesis)
- Andrea Boninsegni, Claudio Celletti, "A Natural Language-Based Interface for retrieval video Database" (DBMM project) [pdf].
- M.Sc. Thesis (Specialistica): Luca Del Tongo, to be completed (2011), “Image forensics using SIFT features”
- M.Sc. Thesis (Specialistica): Salvatore Smeraldo, October 2010, “Analisi della similarità visuale per la ricerca di video annotati in archivi di grande dimensione”
- M.Sc. Thesis (Specialistica): Mirco Nencioni, October 2010, “Estensione e filtraggio di tag per annotazione di video basata su Semantic Web”
- M.Sc. Thesis (Specialistica): Gianluca Franchi, April 2010, “Annotazione automatica di video basata su co-occorrenza spazio temporale” (Semantic concept detection refinement using Markov random fields)
- M.Sc. Thesis (Specialistica): Filippo Amendola, September 2009, “Riconoscimento di eventi in video mediante l’utilizzo di string-kernel” (Video event classification using bag-of-words and string kernels)
- M.Sc. Thesis (Specialistica): Lorenzo Seidenari, December 2008, “Riconoscimento di azioni tramite punti di interesse spazio-temporali” (Human action recognition using spatio-temporal interest points)
- M.Sc. Thesis (Specialistica): Giuseppe Lisanti, completed Sept. 2008, "Multiple Objects -tracker with Pan-Tilt-Zoom Camera" (Inseguimento di obiettivi multipli con telecamera Pan-Tilt-Zoom).
- B.Sc. Thesis (Triennale): Marcel Deussom, to be completed (2009), “Video concept detection refinement using temporal relations”.
- B.Sc. Thesis (Triennale): Alessio Bazzica, completed Sept. 2008, "Semantic annotation of audio elements in sports videos" (Classificazione di elementi audio nei video sportivi).